IF YOU OPERATE A SITE THAT IS HISTORIC, UNIQUE, OR NATIONALLY SIGNIFICANT, HOW DO YOU PROVE LEGAL COMPLIANCE?
Heritage Marque® accreditation demonstrates compliance with UK and European Statutory Law in Environmental, Health and Safety, Security, and Quality for a small fraction of the cost of achieving an ISO standard.
The Heritage Marque® is a compliance benchmark award for demonstrating and celebrating Statutory Compliance for Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality and Security in buildings and organisations of national significance. All for a fraction of the cost of achieving an ISO standard.
We award and promote private and public sites across the UK who reach the level of regulatory compliance required by law to protect their property, visitors, staff and the local environment.
Following assessment, your organisation can receive one of three awards, depending on the level of compliance demonstrated. To achieve the higher levels of award, initiatives such as corporate social responsibility are a strong factor.
Obtaining Heritage Marque® is designed to be a straightforward and productive process. Our goal is to reward and celebrate sites that strive for excellence.
“Obtaining Heritage Compliance Marque accreditation was the next logical step in our efforts to be a leading national attraction and place of worship. The process took us on a journey that has led to Gloucester Cathedral becoming a more efficient and safer place to visit and work.”
Chief Operations Officer, Gloucester Cathedral
APPLICABLE FOR ALL TYPES OF ORGANISATION
- Places of special or significant importance
- Historical locations
- Places of Worship
- Other important institutions
If you’re unsure whether Heritage Marque® accreditation is right for your organisation, call our friendly team who will be happy to help.
HERITAGE COMPLIANCE MARQUE BENEFITS
By gaining the Heritage Marque®, your organisation is demonstrating its commitment to compliance in the areas of Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality and Security. This will assist with reducing operating costs such as insurance premiums and reduce the risks associated with breaching statutory legislation.
Your staff, visitors and anyone associated with you such as suppliers and service providers can be secure in the knowledge that the organisation is committed to providing the highest levels of service and compliance.
Show compliance to auditors, customers and stakeholders.
Reduce risk across your organisation.
Heritage Marque® accreditation can reduce insurance premiums.
Ensure you meet legal requirements.
ACCREDITATION IS STRAIGHTFORWARD
There is no minimum requirement to apply. Once you have completed registration, an assessment is completed by our qualified consultants.
If successful, your organisation will then be awarded one of the three Heritage Marque® benchmarks, depending on the level of compliance demonstrated.
HERITAGE COMPLIANCE MARQUE AWARDS
Following assessment by a qualified consultant, your organisation could be awarded with one of three prestigious Heritage Marque® benchmarks. The level of award depends on a number of factors such as the level of legal compliance demonstrated and visible efforts made to operate within a moral, legal and socially responsible framework.
At any point during the initial application process or following previous accreditation, your organisation can re-submit an entry to gain a higher award such as Heritage Marque® Silver or Heritage Marque® Gold.
Legally compliant and safe
- Compliant with Statutory Regulations
- Policies and Procedures in place
- Communication between staff and management in place
- Can demonstrate use of a Management System
- Training matrix established and maintained
- Training in place for all staff
- Buildings and site maintained and safe for staff and visitors
Legally compliant and risk adverse with an inclusive culture
- Maintaining bronze requirements effectively
- Audit programme to support the organisations compliance activities
- Can demonstrate use of an integrated management system
- Regular meetings held to review management systems, policies & procedures
- Inclusive culture for all
- Invests in its people
- Low level of risk activities
Leading innovation and excellence in legal compliance, safety and social responsibility
- Maintaining silver requirements effectively
- Policies & Procedures in place with business continuity plan
- High level of management involvement within the organisation
- Operates an inclusive CSR policy
- Demonstrates best practice techniques within their industry
- Inclusive culture celebrating success
- Community based activities taking place
- 0% tolerance culture regarding risk
Do you have the desire to make an impact?
If you want to show the world that you not only comply with the law, but strive to achieve operational excellence, it can start here.